Current Job Opportunity
WEC Marketing & Communications Coordinator
WEC is looking for a committed, capable team member to articulate organizational goals and strategies through an effective marketing and communications plan. The successful candidate will create promotional materials, develop organization’s website and social media, organize meetings, conferences, and presentations, and interact with the organization’s members and partners to deliver the organization’s message to targeted audiences. The candidate must possess superb written and verbal communication skills, can handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and have strong knowledge of marketing and communications trends. This is a full-time position, and the ideal candidate understands the importance and demands of being a central team member in an international NGO
- Expected start date: start as soon as possible (February 2021)
- Full time position (39 hours/week) with a competitive non-profit salary with benefits.
- Location: Remote work position. Location in Washington DC Metro area is beneficial, but not required.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Create content for both print and Web including the company website, blog, brochures, social media and newsletter.
- Plan and implement a communications strategy.
- Monitor and manage the company’s social media and online presence.
- Organize and direct promotional events.
- Recommend strategies and tactics to improve the company’s public image.
- Make sure that all promotional and marketing materials meet the company’s brand identity strategy.
- Identify and resolve any issues with promotional content in a timely and professional manner.
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of communication strategies.
- Coordinate with speakers and participants in executive roundtables and webinars to ensure necessary preparation
- Help develop agendas for executive roundtables and webinars on key sustainability topics
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and geographically diverse team.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in working in a non-profit and with officials from government, media, industry and/or academia.
- Clear vision of communicating the mission, goals, and accomplishments of WEC
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of digital marketing and communications experience, a marketing background a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Experience with working with zoom & and other video communications tools.
- Authorization to work in the USA is required.
WEC is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications by candidates from diverse and under-represented communities.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: applications accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send a cover letter & CV to email@example.com addressing to Smitha Konduri.