July 15, 2020 @ 11:00 am – 12:30 pm UTC-4
This is an invitation only event. As part of a World Environment Center initiative to support international companies that feel the need to advance on sustainability in order to meet expectations of customers, investors, and regulators.
Executives from Dow, Volkswagen, Ecolab, and Orbia will speak on key aspects of sustainability, including setting goals and targets, addressing the circular economy, decarbonizing the business, managing water resources, and setting up a sustainability program. Glenn Prickett of the World Environment Center will moderate the session.
In the light of growing expectations from customers, investors, and regulators that companies reduce their exposure to environmental and social risk and at the same time use business opportunities that arise from sustainability we are seeing that many of the most exposed global brands have implemented structures and have made much progress on EHS and sustainability.
Less exposed brands, often those in B-2-B customer relationships or in less regulated markets, haven’t felt the same need to take sustainability very serious. This is changing and has been accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic. A new program is currently being launched by the World Environment Center (WEC) to help these companies learn from those that have successfully integrated Sustainability into their business.
This webinar will focus on the following topics, each of them being kicked-off by a leading company:
- How are leading companies setting goals and targets (incl. the SDGs)?
- How are they addressing the circular economy in practice?
- What is expected from companies that use water and what are leading companies doing in practice?
- How to address climate change and how are leading companies decarbonizing their business?
- How has a leading company recently set up a sustainability program from scratch and how had it secured top management’s commitment?