WEC Elects New Board Officers
New WEC board appointments continue accelerating global sustainability solutions
The World Environment Center’s (WEC) Board of Directors is pleased to welcome the newly elected individuals as its Officers. WEC’s outgoing Chair, Kelly Semrau, formerly the Senior VP of Global Corporate Affairs, Communication & Sustainability, SC Johnson, commented that “she has been honored to lead the organization for the last three years and is confident in the future of our programs and governance given the strength and leadership profile of the new officers.”
2020 WEC Board of Directors:
- W. Scott Tew, Trane Technologies / WEC Board Chair
Scott Tew serves as vice-president of sustainability and co-founder of the Center for Energy Efficiency & Sustainability at Trane Technologies (CEES) and is responsible for forward-looking sustainability initiatives aimed at transitioning to more efficient and climate-friendly solutions, and minimizing resource use within company facilities.
In addition, Tew serves as a thought leader in linking public policy, economic impacts and a value-stream approach to sustainability. His recent efforts have led to the development of world-class initiatives, including introduction of the company’s comprehensive 2030 targets, the creation of the EcoWiseTM portfolio, launch of the largest customer-facing corporate commitment to combat climate change with the Gigaton Challenge; and as a pioneer in integrated reporting. Tew holds graduate and undergraduate degrees in environmental science and ecology from Livingston University.
- Emilio R. Tenuta, Ecolab / WEC Board Vice-Chair
Emilio Tenuta is Ecolab Senior Vice President, Corporate Sustainability. In the past eleven years Tenuta has led Ecolab’s strategic sustainability journey focused on corporate responsibility, internal environmental stewardship and helping customers operate more sustainably. He is actively involved in advancing global sustainability practices, with a significant focus on water stewardship and climate. In partnership with S&P Trucost – and a multi-stakeholder advisory group – Tenuta led development of the Water Risk Monetizer, industry’s first financial modeling tool to assess water-related risks, and the Smart Water Navigator, a free online tool to help businesses improve water management and achieve their water reduction targets. Tenuta holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and a Master’s Degree in Business from Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management.
- C. Scott Fulton, Environnmental Law Institute / WEC Board Secretary
Scott Fulton is the President of the Environmental Law Institute. Previously, Mr. Fulton was Principal at the environmental law firm Beveridge & Diamond, P.C., and served as General Counsel of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Scott holds a doctor of law degree from University of South Carolina School of Law and an undergraduate degree from the University of Massachusetts, Amhurst.
- Carol Ryererk Powell, Intel Corporation / WEC Board Treasurer
Carol serves as the Vice President, Environment, Health & Safety at Intel Corporation. Carol has a unique ability to drive behavior and cultural change to deliver results. She specializes in US and international regulations and application. Carol received her graduate degree in finance from Berry College and undergraduate degrees from Illinois State University and Iowa State University.
The Board expressed great appreciation for the leadership provided by Kelly Semrau, our outgoing Chair. The Board also thanks Francisco Suárez Hernández, Director, New Business Initiatives, Coca-Cola FEMSA, Mr. John Mogge Director, Federal Solutions and Technology, Buildings, Infrastructure, and Advanced Facilities, Jacobs (USA), Mr. Mike Barry, formerly the Director of Sustainable Business, Marks & Spencer (UNITED KINGDOM) who have completed their terms of service.
WEC is pleased to have three new Board members and the 2020 Officers join these continuing Board Members:
- Mr. C. Scott Fulton, President, Environmental Law Institute (USA);
- Lauren Hopkins, Managing Principal (San Francisco Office), Beveridge & Diamond (USA)
- Ms. Kris Morico, Vice President and Global Client Account Executive | Global Environmental Solutions, Jacobs (USA)
- Mr. Lars Murawski, Vice President, EHS & Sustainability, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Ms. Carol Ryerkerk Powell, Vice President, Environment, Health & Safety, Intel Corporation (USA);
- Mr. Exequiel Rolan Michel, Sustainability & Community Relations Manager, Fresnillo, plc.
- Ms. Isabel Studer, Founder, Instituto Global para la Sostenibilidad MEXICO
- Ms. Sheryl Telford, Vice President, EHS & Corporate Social Responsibility, The Chemours Company (USA);
- Mr. Emilio Tenuta, Senior Vice President of Sustainability, Ecolab (USA);
- Mr. Scott Tew, Executive Director, Center for Energy Efficiency & Sustainability, Trane Technologies (USA);
- Mr. Rupert Thomas, Vice President for Environment, Royal Dutch Shell (UNITED KINGDOM);
- Donna Venable, EVP Human Resources & Deputy GM Shared Services, Ricoh USA (JAPAN)
About the World Environment Center
WEC is an independent, global non-profit, non-advocacy organization that advances sustainable development through the business practices and operations of its member companies and in partnership with governments, multi-lateral organizations, non-governmental organizations, universities and other stakeholders. WEC’s mission is to accelerate sustainability solutions through innovation, thought leadership and public-private collaboration. It manages projects for companies across their global operations, builds executive-level learning and competency in applying sustainable development across a number of business sectors, and recognizes performance excellence through an annual awards program. WEC is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with regional offices in China, El Salvador and Germany.
Follow us on Twitter @WorldEnvCenter, Facebook (@WorldEnvironmentCenter) and LinkedIn
Press Released posted here.